We love to serve this with grilled asparagus and a creamy cauliflower puree but it would go well paired with any of your favorite side dishes I'm sure. All you do to make the chicken is make the breading, bread the chicken, and bake. That's it.
This can almost be a great gluten-free dinner if you just leave out the bread crumbs in the breading. Or you could make your own bread crumbs using gluten-free bread that's been toasted and crumbled in the food processor before you add in everything else.
Print this recipe
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 small or 2 large chicken breast halves
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine the first 7 ingredients (through the salt) in a food processor. Pulse until the almonds are chopped fairly small.
- Pour the almond mixture in a shallow bowl.
- Pour the beaten egg egg in a shallow bowl.
- Salt the front and back of each piece of chicken.
- Working with one piece at a time, dip the chicken in the egg and then coat with the almond mixture making sure to pat the mixture into the chicken.
- Place the chicken on a baking sheet sprayed with PAM.
- Drizzle olive oil over top of chicken to help make crispy.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes and remove from oven.
- Let rest for 3 minutes to let juices redistribute
- Serve hot.
You might also like these other easy chicken recipes.
I would love it if you followed along