I can't take the credit for this recipe. My friend Danielle made these for one of our parties a couple of years ago and shared the recipe with all of the girls there. I honestly have no idea where the recipe originally came from, all I know is that they are the best molasses cookies ever. The best part about them is that they are so soft and stay that way.
Soft and Chewy Molasses Cookies
(Makes about 24 cookies)
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp ginger
- sugar (for rolling cookie dough in)
- Combine the butter, brown sugar, molasses, and egg in a bowl.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and ginger in another bowl.
- Combine the two mixtures.
- Roll the dough into balls and roll balls in sugar.
- Bake cookies at 375 degrees for 8-9 minutes, take them out before you think they're done so that they stay soft.
- Remove from pan and cool on a cooling rack.
I would love it if you followed along